West Australian Technical Support in Schools Association Inc (WATSSA)powered by TidyHQ
Welcome to West Australian Technical Support in Schools Association Inc (WATSSA)
How did WATSSA come about?
After many years of working in schools for the Department of Education (DoE) I noticed many technical staff felt they were isolated in their role; that they would love the opportunity to collaborate with their peers. So I posted an expression of interest message to all technical staff I could find in the DoE address book. I got an overwhelming response, for which I thank you all. From my e-mails about fourteen technicians turned up to ICT by the Sea, which is primarily aimed at private schools in WA. None-the-less we all managed to sit down and talk about DoE school issues with the standard operating environment. From that day, a small committee was created with the goal of making an Association happen by the end of 2018, and now here we are!
WATSSA was created for the following reasons
- To enhance the professional expertise and status of School Based Network Administrators and Technical Support Officers, and quality of network administration and management in WA State Schools.
- To create a fellowship of those engaged as technicians which will foster advancement in management, thought and practice.
- To set before itself and the community the ethics of high professional responsibility and to provide a catalyst for a workplace flexibility and reform.
- To organise and conduct regular meetings, conferences, forums and seminars for the advancement and professional development of School Based Network Administrators and Technical Support Officers.
- To promote collaborative relationships with DoE and other professional associations.